Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wed, March 28

This week we watched three different videos based on read alouds in different classrooms.  The one that really stuck out to me was the very first one, where the teacher read the book Fly Away Home to the children.  I thought that this was a great book choice for the students to hear, because not only could they have connections to it, it brings up real world issues that they would really think about and reflect on.  I liked how the teacher stopped in the middle of the book and asked them what they thought was going to happen in the end.  I thought that was an interesting thing to do and the children had some good ideas and inferences as to what would happen.  Not only would asking this question make the children infer and predict, it would cause them to be metacognitive, because they would be back tracking in order to make that prediction, and thinking what was I thinking at that point?

No comments:

Post a Comment